Brand new Comfort Inn & Suites, Carleton Place scheduled to open in summer 2021 is looking for a seasoned individual to join our maintenance department. We are looking for a individual who can work independently in a team environment and has the ability to identify and address issues firsthand.
The individual will be responsible for performing and maintaining general building and property maintenance. The duties will include routine maintenance tasks such as plumbing, electrical. painting, trouble shooting electronic door repairs, drywall repairs caulking and apply silicone when needed and replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest’s maintenance requests to improve their stay. Must be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
- 1 year of maintenance supervisory/management experience.( Preferably in a hotel )
- General experience on painting, drywall repairs, and caulking
- Basic knowledge of plumbing repairing & electrical.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Overtime as required.
- Seasonal outdoor landscaping
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Maintain outside grounds (Summer & Winter).
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
- Perform and manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventive maintenance programs to upkeep the products and the property.
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Operational knowledge of electronic key card system
- Carpentry skills and refinishing wood preferred
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Interact with management, co-workers, and public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Experience: property maintenance: 1 year (Required)
Work remotely: No
If you are interested in applying to this position please select the Apply for Job button.