The Heritage Interpreter will provide an important role in strengthening and celebrating our cultural heritage by offering day to day museum visitor services and assisting in the presentation of our summer heritage programming, including walking tours and themed presentations.
Duties will include:
- Visitor reception, gift shop sales, responding to phone inquiries
- Ongoing museum maintenance, opening and closing of the facility
- Provide tours of the museum and collection to groups of children and adults
- Research, develop and present weekly interpretive heritage activities to complement our exhibits for the months of July and August
- On-site activities will take place in the museum, or outdoor museum garden and labyrinth spaces
- Research, produce and deliver weekly themed guided historical walking tours in the community for the months of June, July and August
- Assist in the social media promotions of all summer programming
- Assist in the planning of fall and winter interpretive programming
A student may be eligible for employment if they:
- are between 15-30 years of age
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Application Deadline: 11 :59 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2024