Job Requisition ID JR120068
Are you looking for a career that will let you learn, grow and challenge yourself in a FRIENDLY and FUN environment? We’re proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities that we work and play in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years. Have a look at our current openings and you’ll see that a career with Giant Tiger is just what you’ve been looking for!
About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice, Giant Tiger’s retail stores provide dynamic work environments with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We are hiring a Hardgoods Supervisor for our store in Carleton Place, ON!
Hardgoods Supervisor, Job Highlights:
• Overseeing the day to day operations, focus in assigned departments
• Involved in buying, merchandising, and replenishment of products
• Execution of the GT System
• Inventory management
• Planning and set up of sales events.
• Store associate engagement
Hardgoods Supervisor, Job Requirements:
• 3 years store management experience
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills
• Strong merchandising skills
• Analytical skills which would lead to appropriate action and recommendations being made to the Store Owner
• Actively involved and connected with the store’s local community
Hardgoods Supervisor, Job Schedule:
This position requires that you be available to work day, evenings and weekends.
Hardgoods Supervisor, Physical Demands of Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
• Stand and/or walk.
• Bend, twist, and squat.
• lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
• Perform tasks involving firm grasping.
• Perform repetitive tasks requiring a range of hand motions.
• Reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
• Operate equipment, including using a ladder.
If you are interested in applying to this position select the Apply for Job button and you will be redirected to Giant Tiger’s online application.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair employment practices.
Are you are interested in this position but don’t yet meet all the criteria? We want you to apply anyway!
During our recruitment process we are looking for an incumbent that will not only learn and grow in the role, but also contribute to our diverse, equal and inclusive culture.
If you require accommodation during your pursuit of a role at Giant Tiger please contact email@example.com.