The Curatorial Assistant will assist with collections related aspects of exhibitions, loans and public programs. This includes organizing collections lists, updating the database, preparing condition reports, and gathering information for exhibition labels. The student will assist with installation of our summer exhibition and other temporary displays.
Duties will include:
- Inputting data into artifact database
- Cataloguing items for entry into artifact database
- Photographing artifacts, scanning documents
- Researching artifacts and other subjects as required
- Artifact handling and correct storage of artifacts
- Assisting with gift shop management, visitor reception duties
A student may be eligible for employment if they:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent resident status are not eligible);
- are legally entitled to work in Canada (have a valid social insurance number);
- are between 16 and 30 years of age inclusively at the start of employment; and
- are a high school, college, CEGEP or university student.
Note: Priority will be given to students who have not previously participated in the YCWHO employment program.
Application Deadline: 11 :59 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2024
If you are interested in applying to this position select the Apply for Job button.