Youth Employment Services
The Canadian Career Academy is excited to be offering employment services for youth in Carleton Place and surrounding area. Many youth have used our services over the years to help find a summer job. Connection to employment is not the only service that we can provide. A few other of the services we offer are listed below:
- Career Decision Making
- Résumé Development
- Marketing Help
- Job Search Assistance
- Workshops, Seminars, and courses
- Training & Education information
- Referrals to Other Services
To find out more about the services we offer for youth please stop by the Employment Resource Centre or explore the Useful Links section.
Youth Job Connection
In 2015 the Ministry introduced a new program for youth: the Youth Job Connection. This program was designed to fulfill the government’s ongoing commitment to helping young people find and keep jobs. It is intended for young people who are experiencing multiple complex barriers to secure long term employment and meaningful careers. The program will serve youth 15-29 who experience barriers to employment by providing more intensive supports beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities. YJC offers youth who are eligible:
- Paid pre-employment workshops
- Job placement and mentorship
- Help transitioning to further education or employment
The goals of YJC are to provide participants with:
- Assessments and career development services, to increase their knowledge of job and career options, the job market and themselves;
- Opportunities to develop employability skills;
- Training and work experience to increase their readiness for employment;
- Support their transitions to employment or additional training and education, during and after the program.
There are 2 streams for the YJC program. The broader stream which runs year round for youth who are unemployed and not in any kind of schooling and the summer stream for students. Please contact our office for a referral or to gain more information on this program.
Youth Job Link
The Youth Job Link (YJL) program is a year-round program for youth ages 15-29 who are looking for a job. We can provide access to job search resources, job postings, workshops, training and information to transition into the workforce. This program is free to youth and employers.
In addition to these services, we can offer job matching services and incentives to eligible youth and employers.
Youth Job Link will provide three categories of non-intensive employment services, each of which will be available year-round. They are:
- Career exploration services to increase knowledge of career options and support career decision-making;
- Career management services to improve readiness for the labour market; and,
- Job search, readiness, and matching assistance to connect youth with employers offering employment opportunites, including summer jobs.
Youth Eligibility for Job Matching
To be eligible for incentives and supports, youth must:
- Be 15-29
- Eligible to work in Ontario
- Be an Ontario resident
- Have no previous work experience.
Employer Eligibility for Incentives
The following criteria will be used to prioritize which employers may receive Youth Job Link incentives:
- Small employers (ten or fewer employees)
- Not-for-profit employers
Youth Job Link Financial Incentives
Financial incentives for employers who qualify for the Youth Job Link program include:
- Up to $300 is available per participant (up to $600 is available for youth with disabilities)
- Supports can be used to offset work-related costs such as transportation, work clothing and equipment.
- Employer incentives are intended to encourage employers to hire youth identified by the service provider