Second Career Qualifying
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY ?
TO BE ELIGIBLE, PARTICIPANTS MUST:
- Have been laid off from a position due to shortage of work or end of contract after Jan 1, 2005 and still be unemployed or working an interim job or
- Have received maternity or parental benefits and are looking to re-enter the labour force and have no position to return to or
- Have left work due to medical reasons and can no longer perform in their previous occupation and
- Be able to demonstrate occupational demand for training request with evidence of good employment prospects locally or within Ontario.
TO BE SUITABLE, PARTICIPANTS MUST:
- Meet a baseline suitability score, using an assessment that measures seven criteria including: period of active job search, length of unemployment, previous educational attainment, work history, labour market prospects, and type of training and previous work experience.